Sunday 27 July 2014

Making The Cut

Shortly after my previous post I went to a popular local barber shop in my city and took the plunge. I had no prior second input on what I was about to do (which is normally the case) and frankly I feel like I get more done in general because of it.
The barber was great. It was the first time I'd ever been in barber shop and I'll admit the testosterone overload threw me off when I first stepped in.
I was armed with my Pinterest photos and all I needed to say was "I want this" and away the scissors went. I did not count how many locs were removed but it didn't look like a whole lot.
The shaver on my scalp made me feel slightly dizzy at first. Is that normal? In about half hour it was done and I fell in love with my hair all over again when I looked in the mirror. I'm glad the minimum was done because I can get used to it and next time make some more changes but I am pleased. Here are a couple selfies.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm getting into it. Tried out some styles and the cut makes them all look so edgy.

      Delete
  2. Wow! It looks great. I'm getting mine done this weekend. I've been researching but i haven't told anyone yet. I just want to do it and worry about people's opinions after.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! Can't wait to see your do! Girl I'm not worrying about opinions before, during or after. Be fly! Lol!

      Delete