Sunday 1 December 2013

I Loved Them This Week!


I think I may actually be making progress. This passed week I abandoned the "wiggery" and wore my locs out. Each day I looked in the mirror I loved what I saw more than the day before and felt increasingly comfortable. 
Though my hair isn't styled in any particular way and the roots have grown out I found that it has gained volume and length and despite the parting it has found its own way of falling to suit my slender features. Sweet!
I purchased a needle and black thread from the local beauty supply to repair my separating ends but I'm having mixed feelings. After watching a few videos on YT I'm confused more than ever as some suggest that stitching the ends is not needed. 
They said the "P" word... Patience is all that's needed as those ends will eventually mat together. Sigh... I'll figure it out sooner or later. Essentially what it comes down to for me is finding the time to sit and repair each one. 
Aesthetically, the splitting hasn't taken away from the locs so I'm not in that big of a hurry either. I have some loc jewelry I want to install that was given to me almost a year ago. I held onto them all this time so I could wear them on my own hair and not the extensions. Stay tuned via my IG feed for more photos and links to the first video I've done rocking my locs @Bimshirebabe. Coming up my collection of oils! 



2 comments:

  1. I use to think my ends would never seal, but one by one without me noticing, I found 3 that started to "ball up" and seal. Yes, that "p" word can be a killer sometimes. I still have some straight ends but I love them all. My suggestion is to put down that needle and thread. The end of your locs are the oldest part of your hair and too much manipulation to them can cause damage. If you were on BIM right now I'd tell you to have a sea bath everyday and you'll see how fast those ends will loc. Try this alternative... sea salt, water and lemon. There are a few vids on YT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your feedback. I'm leaning more toward leaving the ends alone as you suggest. To me the whole idea of locs really is less or no manipulation and just allowing the hair to do its own thing. We really only manicure them for vanity and the workplace. Wish I could get home for all the benefits of that sea water but I'll look into your alternate more. Thanks again.

      Delete